Bread Halwa recipe#simple Diwali sweets recipes
- Bread - 6 slices
- Sugar - 1/2 cup or to taste + 2 Tsp
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Ghee - 5Tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Cashews - 1/4 cup
- Raisins - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Heat Ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins and keep aside.
- Shallow fry cut/crushed bread pieces until golden brown.
- Then add milk and sugar and saute gently and continuously until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add fried cashews,raisins and cardamom powder to the halwa.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee at the end and gently saute the halwa mix.
- When it leaves the pan and forms a good soft consistency,switch off the flame and transfer it to a bowl for setting.
- Flip over the bowl to a clean plate and garnish with cashews and almonds.
- While setting in plate after flipping,shape the halwa into that bowl or round shape with a good knife or silicon spoon.
- No need to fry bread too much,if you fried too brown,halwa becomes brown in colour.
- Or if you need brown halwa,you can add jaggery or brown sugar instead of white sugar.
- Enjoy with your family
Happy Diwali in advance