Kerala Pulissery Recipe for Sadhya/Moru curry with coconut/ Kachiya moru for Onam Sadhya
Pulissery or Kachiya moru(Butter milk curry)
Pulissery or Kachiya moru(Butter milk curry) is the most common and unavoidable curry for all malayali lunch(meals).So adding arecipe for this most common curry is not valid.Also you all know how to make this tasty curry for normal lunch meals or sadhyas. But i'm simply adding this recipe as part of my Onam Sadhya Recipes.
Pulissery Recipe for Kerala Sadhya
1.Butter milk(Thick curd with little water)- 1 cup
2.Coconut - 1/2 cup
3.Jeera/Cumin - 2 pinch
4.Garlic - 1 small pod
5.Green chilli - 1
6.Ginger - 1 small piece
Grinding -pic 2
- Mustard - 2 pinch
- Fenugreek seeds(Uluva)- 1/2 pinch
- Shallots(small onion) 2-3
- Curry leaves - 1-2 leaflets
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Salt - to taste
Seasoning - pic 3
- Grind all ingredients given in the ingredient list for grinding.(pic 2)
- Take a pan, switch on the flame to medium level,add 2 tb sp oil,when it gets warm,add mustard(when it splutters)add fenugreek seeds,followed by cut shallots,dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- When it is fried add the coconut paste with little turmeric powder and fry.
- Reduce to a low flame and add 1 cup of thick butter milk to the coconut paste mixture.Stir slowly and continuously until steam comes from the moru curry.Add salt to taste.
- Don't over heat this curry,the consistency will change.So always stir in a low flame and remove from heat when it is done.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with Kerala rice.
Pulissery for Kerala Sadhya
Tips1.If you like,you can add cooked white pumpkin(vellarika) or pappaya pieces to the moru curry or pulissery.
Happy Onam dear viewers