Carrot Ladoo recipe#Quick Diwali sweets recipe
Happy Diwali every one!!!!
Carrot or Gajur ka halwa is a very popular Indian sweet.Another combination is Gajur ladoo,its very simple, blend and coated with shredded coconut.It can be prepared in 15 mins with simple ingredients at home.Its a big hit in my home and i'm sure the same will happen in your home as well.So for Diwali or any other celebrations we need sweet, and home made goodies are more better and most preferred.So here comes the recipe.
1.Carrot(grated)- 2 cups
2.Coconut(shredded) - 1 cup
3.Sugar - 1/4- 1/2 cup(as you wish)
4.Cardamom - 2(crushed)
5.Cashews - 2 tb sp
6.Raisins - 2 Tb sp
5.Ghee - 2 Tb sp
- Clean and peel 2 medium sized carrot and grate it.keep aside.
- Shred fresh coconut or use frozen.
- Heat Ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins.keep aside.
- Fry and cook carrot in the same ghee until the raw smell goes.
- Then add 1 cup shredded coconut and sugar(as you wish).
- Saute and combine all until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Add fried cashews, raisins and crushed cardamom powder.Make round balls of ladoo with cashews and raisins in each ladoo.
- Coat a layer of coconut powder or shredded coconut and serve for your loved ones.
- Instead of sugar you can add 1/2 Tin condensed milk.
- No need of extra colour,carrot itself gives the brilliant reddish orange colour.
- No addition extra milk if you are adding sugar.
- NO need of deep frying.
- Quick and very easy
Happy Diwali dear viewers