Chakka kuru and Pacha Manga Curry Recipe#Jack fruit seed n Raw mango curry recipe
Its a good nadan Kerala dish prepared by using jack fruit seed n raw mango.If the mango is tangy its more better. I love this recipe and its a common dish at our home.It can be used as Ozhichu curry(gravy curry) and can be used instead of buttermilk curry(moru curry,Pulissery).There is no correct proportion of seeds and mango for making this curry.Use according to the no. of people at home.
For making this curry
- Jack fruit seed - 2 cups
- Green Mango - 1
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 Tsp
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Salt - to taste
1.Mustard - 1 Tsp
2.Dry red chillies - 2
3.Curry leaves - 1 sprig
4.Oil - 2 Tb sp
- Peel the skin of jack fruit seeds and mango.Cut both into small pieces.clean it and pressure cook this for 2 whistle with 1 cup water and lit salt.
- Mean while,make a paste of coconut+jeera+ ginger.
- When the pressure goes completely ,open the cooker lid and add coconut paste +jeera+ginger and lit turmeric powder.
- Try to mash the cooked seeds and mango pieces and grind the hard pieces once in a mixxie and cook everything together for 1 good boil.
- When it boils nicely switch off the flame and add the seasoning.
- Serve with rice
This is one of my fav food with rice.