Lime/Lemon Rasam recipe#Lemon/Lime soup recipe
Yes,Lemon rasam is todays item.It's a spicy item.First i have tasted this rasam as a soup from one of the Indian restaurant called Wild chutneys in Dallas.I liked it and searched for this recipe.Finally i have made a good rasam after trying so many recipes.The key ingredient is lime/Lemon.We have using all kinds of spices except garlic..this can be prepared instead of tomato rasam for lunch meals.Here i'm not using Dal gravy/water.You can also this Dal water while boiling.
- Lemon/Lime juice - of 1 lemon/lime
- Cilantro sprigs - 2
- Tomato slices - 3 to 5
- Ginger - 1 small piece chopped
- Green chilli -1,slited
- water - 2 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard - 1/2 Tsp
- Crushed cumin - 1/2 Tsp
- Crushed black pepper - 4-5
- Dry red chilli - 1
- Hing - 1 pinch
- To a pan add 2 cups of water,cilantro sprigs,chopped ginger,green chilli,sliced tomato,turmeric pwdr,and salt.Cover and boil the water.
- When it gets boil,reduce the flame and cook for 1 min.Switch off the flame and add the seasoning.
- Keep this aside and add lemon juice.(Don't add lemon juice at first and don't boil lemon juice)
- Here i'm not using Dal gravy/water.You can also this Dal water while boiling.
- Serve hot with rice or have it as such as a soup.
Have a happy weekend