Grilled Chicken Salad recipe#Summer BBQ recipe
Any one tried a salad from a restaurant.Basically we won't go for it..Right?But we had a try for a salad one time from BJ's restaurant n grill.When we were dining i used to see other people American's having lots of salad all the time.So we decided this is our time..Just try..and after minutes of surfing through the course book/recipe/menu we decided to go for Caesar salad(In mind oh it will be nice,like the name)its for 10 bucks too...Within minutes the salad plate arrived.We were eagerly looking into it and became shocked that salad..Its simply pieces of Lettuce and fried bread pieces with a dressing called Caesar..Nothing else..only lettuce and a ranch type of dressing...
Another salad that we ordered was an Asian Chicken salad which is good with lots of veggies like carrot,violet cabbage,tomato and chicken too with a dressing.
So what i want to tell you is don't or never order a salad plate from a restaurant.Its a fully waste of money.We can easily make it at home within no time and have as dinner.1 plate of a good salad is a good enough for an adult.
This summer we are doing lots of BBQ's and grilling.Anyway we are grilling huge quantity of meat what ever it is.So i'm sure there will be left overs of that grilled meat.This salad is a better option for using that left over meat(Chicken,beef or pork).Just cut into into small pieces and spread it with veggies and lettuce.
This salad can be used for a BBQ picnic/party as well.
Grilled Chicken salad recipe
- Fresh Ice berg lettuce - 1
- Grilled Chicken pieces - 1 cup
- Salad Tomatoes/1big sandwich tomato(cubed) -1 cup
- Chopped Carrot - 1/2 cup
- Violet / white cabbage -shredded(optional)- 1/4 cup
- Mayonnaise/Ranch dressing - 1 cup
- fried bread pieces - a few(for extra crunch,purely optional)Use milk rusk pieces instead
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- Cut Grilled Chicken into small pieces and keep aside.
- Make small pieces of lettuce with hands(Use only hands for tearing lettuce.don't use knife).
- Use salad tomatoes or tomato cubes and shredded violet/white cabbage and carrot.
- Mix everything with mayonnaise or ranch dressing except lettuce in a bowl.
- Spread a plate of lettuce pieces and add this dressed chicken and veggies.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Have a healthy food/dinner/Picnic
- Hand tearing is better for retaining the taste of lettuce.so don't use knife.
- Instead of mixing everything with dressing,simply spread all salad items and spread dressing as a topping.
- You can also add Avocado slices instead of this fat/cream dressing.
Have a healthy diet