Nadan Duck curry Recipe#Kuttanadan Duck curry recipes#Kuttanadan Tharave curry
Nadan Duck Curry
Its a simple and very tasty duck curry which we can have for break fast with palappam or idiappam.
2.Cinnamon stick -3
Clove - 3
Cumin - 1 Ts sp
Mustard - 1/2 Ts sp
Fenugreek seed - 1/2Ts sp
Fennel - 1/2 Ts
3.Garlic - 10
Shallots - 10
Green Chilli - 5
4.Chilli powder - 1 Tb sp
Coriander powder - 1 Tb sp
Turmeric powder - 1 Ts sp
5.Oil - 4 Tb sp
Shallots - 1/2 cup
Ginger - 1 piece
7.Tomato - 2
8.Salt - to taste
9.Boiled potato - 1
10.Coconut milk ( 1st)- 1 cup" (2nd)- 3 cup
- Clean duck and cut into medium pieces.
- Warm items in the list marked as 2nd and powder it.
- Grind garlic,shallots and green chillies and make a paste with all masala powders.This is the dry gravy part for the curry.
- In a pan,add oil and when it gets warm add cut pieces of ginger,then shallots and finally onion pieces. Saute everything and when it turns brown add the prepared dry gravy.When the raw smell of gravy goes add cubed tomato pieces.
- When oil makes a top layer add cleaned duck pieces with required salt in 2nd coconut milk and cook in low flame.
- When the duck pieces are ready add 1st coconut milk and make a good thick gravy.Don't allow the 1st milk to boil.
- Add boiled potato pieces an served warm with palappams or Idiappams or any plane rice.
- You can cook duck in a pressure cooker,since some duck meat takes more time for cooking.
- Add thick coconut milk for getting a good gravy and curry
Enjoy this tasty curry with family.Here i simply kept my son's duck toy for fun..