Its a very easy sweet recipe mainly used for North Indian weddings and other festival seasons.It can be prepared with easily available things.
1. Maida/all purpose flour - 3 cup
2.Dalada/butter - 1 cup
3.Sugar - 1.5 cup + 4 Tb sp
4.Curd - 1 Tb sp
5.Soda powder/Baking Soda - 1 pinch
6.Cardamom powder - 1 pinch
7.salt - to taste
8.oil - for frying
- Add Sugar + curd + Soda together in a bowl.Add maida n dalda n required water to the above mixture and make a good dough like in the case of Chappathi. Keep this dough for 1 hour.
- Take some dough and make lemon sized balls and make vada shaped pieces.
- Fry this in hot oil till it becomes light golden brown color.Keep the fire as low
- Fried badsha pieces should kept in sugar syrup after cooling.
- Take and arrange these badsha in butter coated plates.After some time you can see white sugar crystals around this sweet.
- How to make sugar syrup
- Melt sugar in a heavy bottom pan (1.5 cup sugar in 1/4 cup water)When the sugar melts completely and when it forms 1 string stage add 1 pinch of cardamom powder and keep away from flame.Add lime juice of half portion of lime in order to avoid the setting of sugar immediately.