Its a typical Sadhya recipe and used normally in Ernakulam to Thrissur area.This curry is not common in Kottayam area.Usually Black chana is used for this curry in combination with pumpkin or yam.As the name says its simply a mix of all these cooked vegetables with roasted shredded coconut.
- Small shallots - 3-4 sliced
- Mustard - 1 Tsp
- Dried red chillies - 3-4
- Fried brown coconut - 1 cup
- Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Cooked pumpkin/carrot or yam - 1 cup
- Cooked Black chana - 1 cup
- Salt - as needed
- water - as needed
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Dry roast grated coconut in a pan with medium heat.Stir continuously and gently until it turns brown.
- Mean while cook black chana dal and yam in separately for 3-4 whistles.
- In another pan,add coconut oil,add mustard and then sliced shallots,red chilli and curry leaves.When it is done,add fried coconut and cooked yam(mash it nicely) and cooked chana to the mix.Add lit water and salt as needed and make it a dry combination curry.
- It looks similar to erissery and can be prepared instead of Erissery
- Serve for sadhya feast.