Chocolate Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice cream
Pudding is absolutely delicious dessert and can be prepared easily at home for your family and guest.If its with the most available things at home,it gives more happiness.Things like gelatin,fresh cream is not available at all homes.But bread,coco powder,milk and egg is easily available..That make the difference for Bread pudding..
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Bread slices(white/brown) - 8 slices
- Milk - 2 cups(2% milk,low fat)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 Tsp
- Nuts,chopped -1/4 cup or 2 Tb sp(Pistachios/Almonds/Cashews/Walnuts)
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C or 350 deg F
- Apply butter to the baking dish and bread slices.Either you can keep the slice as such or cut into pieces.I simply place the slices.
- Boil milk,cocoa and sugar in a pan with continuous stirring.
- When it boils,switch off flame and keep aside.
- Beat 2 eggs with vanilla essence.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the beaten egg and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the lightly buttered bread slices.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 15- 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature or chilled as you desire.