Tomato Dal Tadka recipe # Tomato Dal curry with coconut recipe
Tadka is simply means seasoning mix in Hindi and this is a North Indian dish and im changing into South Indian with addition of Coconut paste.
Author :Riya Tiju
Cuisine : Indian
Type: Side gravy curry
Serves : 2-4
- Toor dal or Yellow moong dal - 1/2 cup
- Tomato - 1 small
- Coconut shredded - 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Garlic - 1 large
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Green Chilli - 2
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 Tb sp for seasoning
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Cilanto,chopped for garnish
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Soak dal in water for 1 hour or minimum 30 minutes before cooking.
- Wash and drain excess water and pressure cook dal for 3 whistles with 1/2 cup water,lit turmeric,green chillies or chilli powder and salt.
- Mean while chop and make tomato puree and coconut paste with chopped garlic,cumin and water.
- Add this tomato and coconut paste to the cooked dal.Boil for another 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Prepare seasoning and add this to the cooked dal curry.Check salt and add if needed.Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve with plain rice or chapathi or roti.
Have a good day