Tadka simply means the Hindi word for seasoning and this is absolutely easy and delicious with chapathi,roti etc and we can take it for travel in aluminium foil for 1 day.This is a one pot recipe and you only need a pressure cooker and a pan.
Author :Riya Tiju
Item :Side gravy
Cuisine : Indian
Serves - 2 -3
- Potato - 2
- Onion - 1 small or half of a medium
- Green chillies - 2-3
- Garlic - 1 big or 2 medium
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp (optional) i didn't use this time
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Mustard or cumin seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Dry red chilli - 1 (optional)
- Oil - 2 Tb sp
- Cilantro - for garnish (optional)
- Clean and peel Potato skin.Cut into small cubes and put in clean cold water.Wash and drain water and added to the pressure cooker.
- Cut and slice onion into thin.
- Cut and chop garlic and green chillies.
- Add everything to the cooker and 3/4 cup water with lit turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Cook for 3 whistles and wait for pressure to come down.Mean while prepare seasoning in another pan.
- Add oil and add mustard or cumin seeds..when it splutters,add curry leaves and dry red chilli.
- Add this seasoning mix or Tadka to the cooked potato and gently mix.
- Your curry is ready and enjoy with chapathi or roti.
- Add more water if needed and cook for 1 boil and mash all the cooked potatoes using a steel or wooden spoon.
- Check the salt level and add only if needed.
- Garnish with cilantro(purely optional)