Aloo Tadka recipe#Potato masala recipe#Bachelors recipe
Tadka simply means the Hindi word for seasoning and this is absolutely easy and delicious with chapathi,roti etc and we can take it for travel in aluminium foil for 1 day.This is a one pot recipe and you only need a pressure cooker and a pan.
Author :Riya Tiju
Item :Side gravy
Cuisine : Indian
Serves - 2 -3
- Potato - 2
- Onion - 1 small or half of a medium
- Green chillies - 2-3
- Garlic - 1 big or 2 medium
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp (optional) i didn't use this time
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Mustard or cumin seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Dry red chilli - 1 (optional)
- Oil - 2 Tb sp
- Cilantro - for garnish (optional)
- Clean and peel Potato skin.Cut into small cubes and put in clean cold water.Wash and drain water and added to the pressure cooker.
- Cut and slice onion into thin.
- Cut and chop garlic and green chillies.
- Add everything to the cooker and 3/4 cup water with lit turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Cook for 3 whistles and wait for pressure to come down.Mean while prepare seasoning in another pan.
- Add oil and add mustard or cumin seeds..when it splutters,add curry leaves and dry red chilli.
- Add this seasoning mix or Tadka to the cooked potato and gently mix.
- Your curry is ready and enjoy with chapathi or roti.
- Add more water if needed and cook for 1 boil and mash all the cooked potatoes using a steel or wooden spoon.
- Check the salt level and add only if needed.
- Garnish with cilantro(purely optional)
Have a good day