Chicken pulao recipe#Indian Rice recipes#Chicken recipes#Bachelors recipe
Chicken Pulao is a good alternative for Chicken biriyani which can be prepared within no time as compared to biriyani.Only thing we need to prepare is a delicious chicken curry and add enough water for cooking rice.So this becomes a one pot recipe and can be made when you are lazy at the same time you are craved for a biriyani.....Instead of going to a Biriyani hut or buying a parcel,you can prepare this simple recipe at home with good healthy ingredients....So lets start n learn how to prepare a delicious one pot recipe...NO baking no dummm....for a final touch you can add fried cashews,raisins and onions..
- Chicken - 1 Kg(pieces with bones or boneless)I have used bone on pieces.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Water - 4.5 cups
- Onion -1 thinly sliced
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Mint Leaves - 1/2 cup,chopped
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup,chopped
- Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 Tb sp
- Green chillies - 3-4 slits
- Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Chicken masala - 2 Tb sp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Whole spices
Whole Cardamom - 3-4 nos
Clove - 5-7
Cinnamon stick - 1"stick
Whole black pepper corns - 5-6
Bay leaves - 1
15.Cashews - 2 Tb sp
16.Raisins - 2 Tb sp
17.Onion - thinly sliced - 1/2 cup
18.Oil/ghee - 2 Tb sp
19.Salt - to taste
- Take a big deep pan in which add oil and when it gets hot, add the whole spices in the list and when it splutters add chopped onion and saute until it becomes soft.
- Add ginger - garlic paste and later chopped tomatoes.
- Then slited green chillies.mint and cilantro.
- When all together blends nicely,reduce the flame and add all masala powders in the list.
- Saute gently until all blends and the oil becomes clear.
- Then add cleaned chicken pieces and gently mix with gravy.Add enough salt,cover and cook chicken in high flame for 2 minutes.
- By that time water oozed out from the chicken and started to cook.
- Reduce the flame to medium and add 1/4 cup water then cover and cook.
- After 15-25 minutes of cooking,chicken should be cooked and add water to the chicken curry.Add according to the water level in the gravy.Any way add approximately 3 - 3.5 cups of boiled water.Add required spices,extra salt if needed, lime juice or and the cleaned and drained Basmati rice.
- Cover and cook until all the water evaporates and till rice gets cooked.[By that time rice becomes curved in shape.]
- Switch off the flame,cover and wait for 10 minutes.By that time rice will be fully cooked.
- Gently mix the rice with chicken and garnish with fried onions,cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot with raita,pappad and pickle
Have a great weekend