Brown Chicken Kuruma recipe#Chicken recipes #Chicken in thick coconut gravy recipe
Chicken Kuruma is our all time fav
- Chicken pieces - 1 Kg
- Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Onion sliced - 3
- Curry leaves - 3 sprig
- Tomato - 2
- Green chillies - 5
- Ginger chopped - 1/2 Tsp
- Garlic chopped - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 Tb sp
- To a pan,add oil, and when it becomes hot Saute Half of the chopped onion until soft and brown in medium flame.Add lit salt.
- When onion is half cooked, add chopped ginger and garlic and saute until brown.
- Reduce the flame and add all the masalas and fry.Saute until the oil becomes clear.
- Switch off the flame and cool this mix.
- Make a smooth paste with this masala and onion.
- Take another pan and saute the balance sliced onion with slited green chillies.
- When the onion becomes brown,add the masala onion paste and mix.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces and chopped tomato.
- MIX the masala with chicken,cover and cook in high - medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Then reduce the flame to medium when the water oozed out from chicken.
- When the chicken is fully cooked after 15 - 20 minutes,add fresh coconut paste or milk(1/4 cup) for thick gravy.
- Don't allow to boil if you add coconut milk.
- Cook until the chicken cooks completely and the gravy becomes brown n thick.
- Serve warm with any rice dishes or flat Indian bread like roti,chapathi etc.Its best for Palappam and Idiappam.
Try this simple Chicken kuruma next time
Have a great day.