Mampazha Pulissery is a yogurt/curd based curry in a sweet and creamy mango pulp along with coconut paste.Its a sweet and tangy flavor recipe used as gravy curry for Kerala meals and some times for Wedding feasts in Mango season.We are using small ripe sweet mangoes as such to make this curry after peeling its skin.Kids love this recipe as its sweet in taste and the flavor of yogurt.
Summer time is Mango season and we have plenty of this tropical fruits at home itself.I love mangoes and the varies dishes prepared out of it.For this,small ripe mangoes are most suited(nattu manga).But i don't have this in hand and not available here.So i'm preparing with normal big mangoes available here in shops.This time,at home i have tried this recipe in manchatti..pics uploaded..Let's check out the ingredients and recipe.
- Mango - 1 big or 3-4 small
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Coconut paste - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 2 slited
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Jeera - 1 pinch
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Garlic - 1 small pod
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard - 1/2 Tsp
- Dry red chillies - 2
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Shallots - 4
- Coconut oil - 2 Tb sp
- In a pan,add 1/2 cup water,peeled ripe mangoes,green chillies,turmeric powder and salt.Cover this and allow this to boil in a medium flame.
- Grind 1/2 cup shredded coconut + ginger+ garlic and jeera with lit water and make a smooth paste.
- When the mangoes get boiled,add this coconut paste and stir nicely and allow to boil once.After boiling, switch off the flame and keep this for cooling.
- After 10 min,slowly add the whipped yogurt/curd to the mango- coconut mixture and stir nicely until everything blends together.
- In another pan,prepare the tempering and seasoned the mango curd curry.
- Serve with plain rice or Kerala rice.
- If you are using big mangoes,please cut into small pieces.
- i have tried this recipe at home land in man chatti and upload new pics.