Kadai Chicken recipe in restaurant style#Chicken recipes#North Indian Chicken recipes
Kadai or Karahi Chicken is the most easy restaurant style Punjabi cuisine which is mild spicy using capscicum and cream of cashews.It can be prepared within limited time and can be used as a side dish for rice or any bread dishes like roti,paratha and chapathi
Kadai is a wok or deep pan used in Indian cooking for making all types of curries and frying..We can make Kadai paneer,Kadai mushroom and Kadai prawns too.
Method of preparation using step by step photos
1.Heat a pan with oil, fry cubed onions and capsicum for 2 to 3 minutes. When they glazed and smells good, set them aside in another bowl.
2. Add cumin and when it gets splutter and chopped ginger and garlic.
3. Add sliced onion and fry until golden brown and add tomato puree and saute until it blends nicely.
4. Keep the flame as low and add all masalas in the list and dry roast it until the oil becomes clear.
5. Add cleaned chicken and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Cover and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes until it is soft cooked in its own moisture. Do not add water.
7. Add 1/4 cup water and cook for another 15 minutes in medium flame.
8. Cook until the gravy gets thickened without lid in low flame.
9. When the chicken is fully cooked, add onions and capsicums.
10. Mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Add cashew paste and blend well.Cook till the gravy thickens or reaches a desired consistency.
12. To finish off, sprinkle little garam masala and coriander leaves and mix.
Gravy thickens and blend with chicken and this is the right consistency
13.Garnish chicken with chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot roti or rice.
Also usually This recipe(dish) is served in a small kadai and since i don't have a small kadai, i kept and served this in a bowl.
If using cream, just skip adding cashew paste. Take 2 Tb sp of chicken gravy and mix with 1/4 cup cream. Mix and add back to the kadai.
Have a nice day