Cream of Chicken soup using egg recipe#Chicken soup recipe
Cream of Chicken soup for Soup Lovers
January weather is freezing cold and windy in almost all areas of North America especially North east.Even in Dallas,North Texas its bit cold for the last 2 weeks. This is the perfect time for having a bowl of warm soup at any time of the day for getting more energy and immunity in winter.At this time if any one gives a warm soup in a bowl,no body says No..Isn't..Yes,that's the truth and yesterday i made this cream of chicken soup using simple ingredients.I didn't use butter or heavy cream for cream consistency.Its simply by adding an egg.By adding a whole egg to the hot chicken with lit corn flour gives you a cream consistency and we can call it as cream of chicken soup even though i didn't add any cream....Soup is healthy always and i like to make without any extra fat like butter or heavy cream...Actually i tried to make egg drop soup,but co incidentally the soup becomes cream soup...lol..
So i thought to share the recipe with you all.Its so simple can be prepare within 10-15 min.
I'm a big soup lover and i tried Knor soup all the time and this i have tried with my own soup recipe and it came out good and my tester,my loving husband gives me the green signal.So now the recipe is all for you my fellow readers.
Author : Riya Tiju
Recipe : Cream of Chicken soup
Cuisine : Asian
Prep time : 5 min
Cook time :20 min
Serves : 2
- Chicken pieces(small) - 1/4 cup(with or without bones)
- Water - 2 cups
- Corn flour - 1 Tb sp
- Ginger - 1/4 Tsp(finely chopped)
- Garlic - 1/2 Tsp(finely chopped)
- Green chilli - 1 finely chopped
- Egg - 1
- Italian seasoning - 1/4 Tsp(or any herbs you like)
- Pepper - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Boil and cook cleaned chicken pieces in a pan with 2 cups of water with lit salt and 1/4 Tsp Italian seasoning(only If you wish any flavor for chicken) for 15 minutes in high flame.
- After that drain the chicken pieces and remove the flesh part from bones(only if you are using bone on chicken).Use only flesh for making soup and discard bones .
- Then keep the chicken broth(liquid we got while cooking chicken which contains all those juices from chicken
- Cooked Chicken and the broth
- Take a small portion of this liquid and add 1 Tbsp corn flour and mix gently without any lumps.
- Pour this flour mixture to the chicken broth and add cooked chicken pieces.Cook for another 2 min in medium flame.
- Whisk 1 egg in another bowl and add this egg slowly into the soup.Continue whisking this soup until everything gets mixed well and soup looks creamy.(i have boiled the soup again for another 1 min in low flame )Don't boil for a long time.
- Finally Garnish this soup with chopped green chillies and serve warm with any crackers of your choice.
- Carefully whisk the egg in order to avoid the ribbon formation.
- Remove the bones from chicken.
Have a wonderful week ahead