Happy to announce a good news...A brand new year with a new achievement.I have published my first you tube video for this chemmeen curry.Please watch this and give your feedback.Its a simple Kerala style chemmeen curry with raw mango and coconut paste.
- Chemmeen/Prawns(big) - 3/4 cup
- Onion - 1/2 portion(sliced)
- Ginger chopped - 1 Tsp
- Garlic chopped - 1 Tsp
- Green chillies - 2 nos(slited)
- Raw mango - 1/2 cup(cubed)
- Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Chilly powder - 2 Tsp(or add fish masala)
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Tamarind juice(purely optional,Add only if the raw mango is not much sour)
- Coconut Oil -2 Tb sp
- Mustard - 1/2 Tsp
- Dry red chillies - 2-3 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Clean prawns/chemmeen and keep aside.
- Chop onion,ginger,garlic and green chilies.
- Make coconut paste with 1/2 cup coconut with lit water.
- To a heated pan,add oil,when it becomes hot add chopped onion,ginger,garlic and green chilies and saute until translucent.
- Then add turmeric powder and chilly powder.Saute until the oil becomes clear in low flame.
- When the oil is clear,add cleaned prawns,raw mango and 1 cup water.Mix it and add salt to taste.Cover and cook for 10- 15 minutes.(first 5 min in high flame,then 10 min in medium flame)
- After that,add coconut paste and cook for another 15 minutes in medium flame.
- If the gravy is not much sour(tangy)add 2 Tb sp Tamarind juice or paste.
- Cook for 2 more minutes,with out lid,by this time all the excess water gets evaporated.
- Prepare the seasonings in another pan and add this to the curry.
- Serve with warm matta/Kerala rice or plain rice.
As it is my first video recipe,there are some errors and back ground sounds.Sorry about that.Next time i will come up with more good quality videos.For that i need your feedback n support.