Pork Pepper Roast recipe in Kottayam style #Pork recipes#Christmas recipes#Non veg recipes
Pork Pepper roast
Pork Pepper roast is a typical Christian recipe,more favourite for Christmas season after the lent.
- 1Kg cleaned pork
- ¾ dsp Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 dsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Aniseed
- 2 Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom pods
- 8 Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger sliced
- Curry leaves- 2 leaflets
- 1 dsp Vinegar
- Salt- to taste
- water-1 cup
- For Seasoning
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup button(small) onions
- Wash and clean the pork. Cut into medium size pieces and keep in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat all these ingredients in a pan- ¾ dsp Chilli powder,1 dsp Coriander,1/2 tsp turmeric,1 tsp whole pepper kernel,1/2 tsp cumin,1 tsp aniseed,2 cinnamon,3 cloves,2 cardamom pod. Don’t burn it. Allow to cool the masala and grind it to make a paste
- Marinate the cleaned meat with the freshly prepared masala paste and keep it for half an hour.
- Transfer the marinated meat to a pressure cooker and add adequate amount of water(depends upon the quantity of cooker and meat).
- I used a 3L cooker for cooking. Switch on the flame and wait for 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and allow to stand for reducing the pressure.
- Take another pan, when it is hot add ¼ cup oil(or you can add the fat layer formed on the top layer of cooked meat)So you can avoid extra oil.
- When the oil gets hot add 1 cup of small button onions ,saute and make it transluscent.Tip: You can sprinkle salt to the onion for making onion brown a little faster.
- Add Ginger and Garlic paste or slices and roast it with onion.
- Reduce the flame and add 1 tsp Garam masala powder(Grinded at home or available in packets),1 dsp Meat masala powder.Mix all the masalas with onion.
- When everything combines to form dry masala, add cooked pork with 3/4cup of gravy from the pressure cooker.
- Mix thoroughly with all masalas,add 1dsp vinegar and make it dry in reduced flame
- When the pork is well coated with all masalas and little gravy, remove from fire and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Add crushed fresh pepper for more flavor.
- Garnish with mint or cilantro or curry leaves.
- Serve with any rice dishes.
Happy Christmas in advance
I know all of you are in Lent period..This recipe is just for saving and try this for Christmas.
Kottayam Kitchen team