Cranberry Nut bread recipe#Holiday breakfast recipes#bread#Christmas cake recipes
I love baking breads with different seasonal fruits and this time i have tried with holiday cranberries.They are rich red colored berries used with Thanksgiving Turkey as a sauce.While baking,orange juice and orange zest is used along with cranberries in order to reduce its tart taste.Try out this nutty fruity bread for your upcoming holiday break fast.
Prep Time :30 minutes
Baking time :45- 60 minutes
- Fresh cranberries,sliced in halves - 2 cups
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1.5 Tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Pure Vanilla extract - 1 Tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Vegetable oil - 2 Tbsp
- Grated Orange zest - 2 Tb sp
- Orange juice - 1/2 cup
- Egg,beaten - 1
- Chopped nuts(almonds,walnuts,pistachios,cashews) - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 550 deg F.
- In a large bowl,combine the flour,baking powder,baking soda,cinnamon and salt.(sift this)
- In another large bowl, beat 1 egg.Add /2 cup sugar and blend and then add remaining 1/2 cup.Beat until well blended.
- Add Vanilla extract,orange juice,Vegetable oil and orange zest to the egg sugar mixture.Blend all together using a hand mixer or whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture(1/4 cup at a time).and fold gently and lightly.Repeat this step until a good batter forms.(Keep some flour mix for dusting nuts and berries).
- Finally add dusted cranberries and nuts to the batter.
- Pour into 1 large or 2 small greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 45- 60 minutes(depends upon your oven) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and dry.
- Cool this bread in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack for complete cooling.
- Enjoy your freshly baked bread with your family.
1)Wet and dry ingredients
4)Dusted berries and nuts
Freshly baked bread
- You can add milk instead of orange juice,at that time add 1.5 cups sugar.
- Can use whole wheat flour instead of white flour.At that time,add brown sugar for dark brown loaf.
Happy Holidays friends