Tandoori Chicken recipe in electric Grill
Tandoori Chicken is a popular Indian Appetizer dish and is very common for all big parties. Tandoor is a large clay pot/oven used in Big restaurants for cooking spl Tandoori dishes using Char coal.We can easily make this in your home grill with limited ingredients at home.My husband is very good in grilling and helped me to prepare this recipe.What i did is simply clean and marinate the chicken with all masala and the remaining part was with Tiju, my loving husband.Do you know 1 thing, our 2 year boy loves this grilled chicken and he used to wait patiently for a bite all the time of grilling..What a sweet boy..Appa and kidu are grilling partners..
- Chicken drumsticks - 5 or leg quarters
- Tandoori Masala - 1 Tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli powder - 2 Tsp
- Turmeric powsder - 1/2 Tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Ginger - garlic paste - 1 Tsp
- Yogurt - 1/ 4 cup
- Lemon juice - 2 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
Grilling Chicken in our Apt complex
- Clean and marinate the chicken pieces with all the ingredients in the list.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (longer the best)
- Thaw for 10 minutes,Mean while get ready the grill and make it hot.
- When the grill is ready,place Chicken pieces and close the lid of the grill.
- Operate your grill according to the manual.Usually it takes 30 - 40 minutes to cook chicken in a grill.
- When one side of chicken is done,flip it over and cook the other side.
- When both sides becomes brown,check by tasting a small piece of chicken.
- Switch off the grill and take out the grilled chicken.
- Garnish with Onion,Tomato and lemon wedges
- You can bake this chicken in an oven at 350 deg F for 30- 45 minutes.Flip it over when 1 side is done.Finally broil the chicken for 1 or 2 minutes for a nice brown,crispier outer coating.(Don't keep in broil for more than 3 minutes,it will burn)Keep an eye on this chicken while broiling.
- This is an easy appetizer if you have any guest.You can keep this in oven and mean while prepare other ingredients.
- You can also make fried rice and use this chicken as pieces for chicken fried rice.
- I didn't use any colour,its purely optional.
- You can cover the chicken stick with aluminium foil(optional).
- By this way,you can have a healthy food with out any extra oil,all the butter was oozed out from the chicken and it helped the flame to burn.