Chilli Beef fry recipe
Beef meat is an Iron rich food and really delicious when cooked with our own aromatic spices.My all time hit recipe in this blog is Nadan beef curry recipe.So this time i have tried this Chilli beef fry (semi gravy) with lots of green bell pepper,onion and dry red chilli flakes and so named as Chilli beef fry.Its not a Chinese dish..but mixing of Chinese and Indian cuisine. Ok let me tell you the ingredients and method of preparation.I didn't copy this recipe..Its in my own style.
List 1:Things needed for cooking beef
1.Beef - 1/2 Kg
2.Meat masala - 1 Tsp
3.Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
4.Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
5.Pepper powder - 1/4 Tsp
6.Ginger - Garlic paste - 1/2 Tsp
7.Water - 1/4 cup
8.Salt - to taste
List 2 :Things needed for frying beef
1.Cooked Beef - 1/2 Kg
2.Onion - 1 small
3.Green bell pepper - 1/2
4.Ginger chopped - 1/2 Tsp
5.Garlic chopped - 1/2 Tsp
6.Fennel(Perum Jeerakam) - 1/4 tsp
7.Dry red chilli powder - 2 tsp
8.Meat masala - 1 Tsp
9.Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
10.oil - as needed
11.Coconut oil for sprinkling
12.Cilantro or curry leaves-1 sprig chopped
13. Salt - if needed
- Clean and cut beef into small sized pieces.
- Marinate the beef with ingredients in list 1.Cook this in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- In another pan,add chopped onion to the hot oil and saute gently after adding lit salt.
- Then add chopped ginger n garlic,saute it gently and everything becomes soft,reduce the flame and add all masalas in list 2 and fennel seeds.Mix gently until oil becomes clear.
- Add cubed bell pepper and saute for a minute.
- Add cooked beef with 1/2 cup water (beef broth) and fry this in medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Also add coconut flakes(thenga kothe) for more crunchy taste.
- Stir it in between and when the beef fried 3/4 th sprinkle coconut oil and red chilli flakes.Fry for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or any bread
Happy Sunday every one