Oats Upma Recipe
Oats are rich delicious food which is normally used as break fast cereal.But now a days so many Oats varieties are available and those recipes extra tasty and healthy.Oats flour can be blend with any type of Indian break fast items and can prepare a new taste.Today i'm giving you the recipe of Oats Upma.Its similar to our normal Rava upma and the only diff is adding roasted oats instead of Rava/Sooji/Semolina.Let's start
- Oats - 1.5 cups
- Grated carrot - 1/4 cup
- Green beans(frozen or fresh) - 2 Tb sp
- Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Ginger chopped - 1/4 Tsp
- Onion chopped - 3 Tb sp
- Green chilly - 1
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Water - 2 cups
- Mustard - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Dry roast oats in a pan with lit oil.Allow this to cool.
- Mean while,heat a separate pan,add oil,mustard and when it splutters add curry leaves, chopped ginger and chilli and onion.When it turns brown,add grated coconut,chopped carrot and green beans and fry this.
- Then add enough water, add salt to taste.When it starts boiling,add roasted Oats to the boiling mix.Blend everything and reduce the flame.Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Oats Upma is ready.Serve warm as such or with coconut chutney
- Can add raisins and cashews for extra richness.( I didn't add,since it adds more sweet)
- Serve directly since its loaded with carrot and beans and no need of any other curry.
- My testers(kid and husband) approved this recipe and this is all yours.
- Avoid chilli,if your cooking for kids as well.