Semiya payasam or Vermicelli Kheer recipe
Semiya payasam is one of the easiest and quickest payasam/dessert which we all are preparing for any feast or festival like Onam,Vishu or for dear ones birthdays or if there is a surprise guest.We can prepare this with a few items available at home.Vermicelli and milk are the main ingredients.so lets prepare this kheer(for north Indians).I have prepared this payasam for our Onam sadhya at home.
Recipe type : Dessert
Preparation time :5 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
1.Milk - 2.5 cups
2.Vermicelli - 1 small packet
3.Sugar - 1/4 cup(10-12 Tsp)
4.Cardamom powder(3-4 nos,powdered)
5.Ghee - 2 Tb sp
6.Cashew nuts - 10-15 nos
7.Raisins - 10-15 nos
- In a non stick pan,shallow fry nuts and raisins in pure ghee until it becomes golden brown.
- Drain out the fried items and add vermicelli or semiya and fry this too until golden brown.
- Mean while, make cardamom powder by grinding cardamom seeds with lit sugar.(avoid those pods).
- When the vermicelli turns golden brown,add milk and allow it to boil.Stir gently and When it starts boiling,add sugar and stir gently.
- Reduce the flame and stir gently until the milk becomes thick.By this time you can add powdered cardamom for a nice aroma.
- When the milk boils completely continue stirring in low - medium flame until it gets a thick consistency.
- Switch off the flame after 10 minutes and remove the pan.
- Garnish with fried cashews and raisins and serve warm or cold
- You whole milk and please don't add water for getting a good thick consistency.
- You can also add sweet condensed milk and reduce the sugar level.
- Stir continuously in order to avoid the over heating of semiya and milk(adikupidikuka).
Printable version of Semiya payasam recipe link is given below.