Pazham pori#Ethakka appam#Banana fritters recipe
Sorry buddies and Thank you for your patience.My laptop was out of order for the last 1 month and we had a good vacation trip.So from today onwards i will be active in my Kitchen.Mean while i was preparing all the dishes and clicked photos for you.We had a delicious Onam feast with lots of curries and 2 types of Payasam.I will update all those recipes ASAP.
Today i am giving the recipe of very simple Pazham pori
Pazham pori or Ethakkappam is our all time favorite tea time snack especially all those who stayed in hostels.It can be prepared easily with few ingredients available at home.
1.Ripe Plantain/Banana - 2(medium ripe)
2.Maida/All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
3.Rice flour - 1 Tb sp
4.Sugar - 2 Tsp(optional,use only if the plantain is not sweet)
5.Cardamom - 1 (crushed those seeds and add.)
6.Salt - 1 pinch
7.Water - 1/4 cup
8.Turmeric powder - 1 pinch(optional)
- Peel the skin of plantain and cut each plantain into 4 halves(thinly sliced)
- Prepare a thick batter with remaining ingredients in the list(2-8).
- Dip each plantain pieces in thick batter and coat well.
- Deep fry in hot oil and drain excess oil in a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee
- Make a thick batter.So add water accordingly.
- Adding turmeric powder is purely optional for getting good colour.
- No need of adding eggs to the batter.