Veg Pulao recipe#vegetable pulao recipe#kids lunch box ideas recipe
Pulao is a simply rice dish prepared using aromatic long grains called Basmati.And it can be easily prepared in one pot/vessel with any kind of food materials like non veg or veg(chicken or veg).Why i'm telling this is easy since we can put all together in one big vessel and cook.But you must add all those aromatic spices as such(not in the powder form),ghee,butter,vegetables or chicken(or together).Either you can add vegetables directly with the rice or cook separately with lit water and salt.This is the best recipe or meal you can prepare when a surprise guest arrives or when you receive a surprise phone call for guest.(only thing is you need a good gravy curry as a side dish).Here i have used Chicken Peralan as a gravy dish for rice.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Water - 4.5 cups
- Ghee/butter - 2 Tb sp
- Cardamom - 4
- Cloves - 10
- Cinnamon stick - 2
- Bay leaves - 1
- Jeera/Cumin - 2 Tsp
- Lime juice - 2 Tb sp
- Oil - 1 tb sp
- Carrot - 2 (sliced length wise)
- Beans - 5 to 8 (sliced lengthwise)
- Frozen green beans - 3/4 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Clean and Cut vegetables and keep aside.
- In a big vessel/pan boil 4.5 cups water with enough salt,lime juice and oil.Add all spices and ghee/butter.Cover and Allow this to boil.When it starts boiling,add clean soaked rice gently.Cover and cook for 10 - 15 min.When 3/4 of the water evaporates,switch off the flame and close it with a lid.
- By this time,cook those cut vegetables in another pan with lit water and salt.
- Cook the frozen peas in micro wave as per the direction in packet.(Cook for 1 min and check the peas and cook for 30 minutes more if needed.)
- Gently stir the cooked rice and transfer half of the cooked rice to another bowl.Add cooked vegetables to the rice and form a layer.Then add the remaining rice.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and mint leaves(If you like its aroma,add few cilantro and mint leaves while cooking the rice iteslf.)
- Serve hot with a good gravy curry(non veg or veg) and tomato- onion raita and Papad(optional).
- I have served this for my today's guest for lunch and they liked it.I served Chicken Peralan(thick gravy curry for this pulao)I will post the recipe soon.
- Use good quality long Basmati rice and soak rice in water for 20 min prior to cooking.