- Pine apple cubed - 1 cup
- Black/red Grapes - 5- 10 nos
- Curd /yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Green chilli - 1
- Sugar - 2 Tb sp
- salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 Tb sp
- Mustard,crushed - 1/2 Tsp
- Dry red chillies - 2
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
2.Cook these pine apple with little water (1/4 cup).Don't add more water,since water will ooze out from pine apple itself.When the pine apple is done,mix and allow to dry the water completely.
3.Grind 1/2 Tsp mustard seeds separately in a small mortar n pestle and add to the pine apple.Also grind 5 tb sp grated coconut with small piece ginger + 1 green chilli in a mixer. Make a smooth paste with little water.If you like,you can add some cumin seeds while grinding.Add this smooth paste to pine apple and cook for 1 boil and switch off the flame.
4.Take 1/2 cup yogurt and mix it well with a fork.
5.Since we are adding yogurt,for avoiding the splitting of curd in curry allow the cooked vegetable and coconut mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
6.After cooling add the curd/yogurt to the curry and add clean grapes and combine it well.
7.Seasoned this cool pine apple pachadi with mustard,dry red chilly and curry leaves.
8.Serve with Kerala rice for sadhya or we can use for normal days lunch instead of moru curry/Curd.
- If the pine apple is not sweet enough add 1-2 Tb sp sugar(purely optional).
- Also you can add grapes at the end.
- If using left overs,keep this curry in fridge and just keep this in room temp for 30 minutes before serving rather than making it warm.Since remember this is a curd based curry,it will splits.
See you soon with another Onam Recipe..
Until then bye