Whole wheat Blue berry muffin recipe
Muffins are delicious quick bread snack made of flour with any kind of fruit or veggie flavors or fresh fruits as such.It's very easy and can be prepared within 30 minutes.It's similar to our Indian cup cakes but in USA its called as Muffins.We can decorate it with beautiful frosting and icing for a party purpose.But simply at home,we can prepare muffins or cup cakes using whole wheat flour as its more healthy than plain all purpose flour.Today i will give you the preparation of Whole wheat muffin using fresh blue berries,which are rich in anti oxidants.This is a wonderful break fast or evening snack for Kids as well.
- Whole wheat flour - 1.5 cups
- Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt - 1/4 Tsp
- Egg - 1
- Veg Oil - 1/2 cup
- Orange juice/2% milk - 1/2 cup
- Fresh or frozen Blue berries - 1 cup
Serves for 6 adults/kids Prep time - 10 min Baking time - 20 min + 10 min cool, Total =45 min
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F and grease & flour a muffin baking pan.
- In a large bowl,beat or whisk egg and sugar until creamy.
- Add vegetable oil and combine to form a smooth texture.
- In a separate bowl combine flour,baking powder and salt.mix well.
- Fold the dry ingredients to the wet ones little by little.Add 1/2 cup milk or orange juice in between folding and stir until combined.
- Coat the berries nicely with flour and add to the batter.just fold it once and don't break the berries.
- Scoop down the batter to the greased muffin pan evenly and bake it for 20 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and few berries as toppings if desired.
- After 20 min of baking,Check with a tooth pick,if its comes out clean, transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Serve with fresh blue berries and coffee.
- Whole wheat is simply our wheat flour used for making chapathi.
- Use either milk or orange juice or any other fruit juice(optional)
- Keep in containers and store upto 1 week in refrigerator.
- Add more sugar if needed.This recipe is not too sweet.
Bake your own special authentic cakes and breads at home oven and feel the aroma ..It was awesome...enjoy with your kids n family.