Apple pickle recipe in Kerala style
Pickles are spicy,tangy foods which enhances the taste buds and we all love pickles.Pickling is a type of preservation method and difft types of pickling are there in each part of the world even in India its different from state to state.We can prepare pickles with any fruits or vegetables and even with meat of fish..didn't heard about egg pickle...huuhh.My today's subject is apple pickle using Green apple.Green apple are slightly tangy and even sweet same like our raw Mangoes...So we can prepare pickles in the same way like we did for cut mango pickle...only difference is its name..Cut Apple Pickle.....
- Green Apple - 1
- Chilli powder - 1 Tb sp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Fenugreek powder - 1 pinch
- Mustard - 1/2 Tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Vinegar - 1 Tb sp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 Tb sp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Dry red chillies - 1
- Wash and peel the skin of apple and cut into small pieces.
- Add chilli powder,turmeric powder,Asafoetida,Fenugreek powder and salt.Mix it nicely and keep aside.
- To a hot pan,add oil, then add mustard,dry red chilli and curry leaves.Then add 1 Tb sp vinegar.When it gets boiled add the marinated apple pieces with 1/2 cup water and stir nicely.
- Cook this apple for 5 minutes covered.
- Switch off the flame and keep this aside.
- After cooling,transfer this to an air tight jar.
- Serve with rice,parathas and even simply as such.
- Peel the skin of apples,since its coated with wax.
- Also if you don't like,no need to cook the apple.
- Add more salt if needed.
- Also you can add crushed mustard