Ulli Vada recipe - Kerala Tea time snack recipe
Ulli Vada is a tea time snack item and can be prepared by using easily available things at home..There is no specific shape or measurement list for this pavam ulli vada..so next time when you think about an evening snack,try this Ulli vada you will love this...
- Big Onion - 2
- Kashmiri Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
- Green Chilli - 2
- Grated Ginger - 2 Tsp
- Hing - 1/4 Tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 Tsp
- Besan/Chick peas flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 Tsp
- Maida/all purpose flour - 1 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut oil - for deep frying
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Finely chop onion into thin pieces(lengthwise)
- Add required salt and mix it nicely with your hand,so that water(juice)will ooze out from onion.
- Chopped Onion
- Add grated ginger,chopped green chilli and chopped curry leaves.Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now add all the dry powders and masalas to the chopped onion mix..
- Mix it nicely,inorder to coat all the onion pieces with masala n flour.Add extra salt as needed.
- No need to add extra water to the mixture.
- Keep a pan in medium flame and add req oil.When it gets hot,add a spoonful of onion batter mix to the oil and deep fry it.Add 3- 4 spoons of batter separately,deep fry it until both sides turns golden brown.Drain it to a tissue paper for extracting excess oil.
- Do the same for the next batch of vadas.
- Serve this as such with tea or coffee or any chutney varieties as you wish
Enjoy with your family.
- Its a typical Kerala snack,next time come up with Onion rings,an international cuisine called as appetizer, same principle of making onion snack using difft ingredients.