Aval vilayichathu recipe /Puffed rice stir fried in Jaggery syrup recipe - Healthy Tea time snack for kids
Aval or puffed rice is a nutritious rice variety rich in minerals and far better and cheaper than corn flakes...Aval can also be called rice flakes..As the name tells,corn flakes is obtaining from corn and rice flakes from rice.In a TV program i heard from a nutritionist that Puffed rice are more healthy than corn flakes.Also my husband likes Aval...So i'm searching for Aval recipes and i'm happy lots of recipes are there..Good news is my son too loves it as it is sweet with Jaggery.I'm sure your kids will also love it..You can make it as after school snack.I have boiled a ripe plantain as a combo...Preparing healthy evening snacks are far better than packet fried items and bakery creams and calories..So prepare healthy food items for your loved ones as we are all health conscious..
Things you neeeded
- Aval - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom - 3 pods (crush it and use only seeds)
- Plantain - 1 boiled(optional)
- Water - 1 Tb sp
- Soak the aval in water for 1 minute and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a hot pan,add jaggery with 1 Tb sp water and allow to melt.
- In that jaggery syrup,add squeezed out Aval/puffed rice and stir it continuously until it coats with jaggery and became more crispy.Remember,keep the flame in low level,once the pan gets hot.
- Add crushed cardamom seeds which gives a very good flavor.
- Serve with boiled plantain or ripe normal yellow banana and enjoy the evening snack time with kids and husband
Enjoy this beautiful Spring weekend with kids n family as the Spring begins as well as out door events.