Restaurant style Gobi 65 recipe/cauliflower 65 recipe
Gobi 65 / Cauliflower 65
Gobi 65/ Cauliflower 65 is a crunchy appetizer in restaurants which is truly tempting and lip smacking. Blanched cauliflower florets nicely coated with a spicy batter and deep fried twice to give that crunchiness.You can prepare it for guest even at home.Cauliflower in Hindi called as Gobi..and in malayalam its simply called as cauliflower itself..i dont know from where the 65 comes.
- Cauliflower - 1 small or medium sized ( half)
- Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Chilly paste - 1 tsp or Kashmiri Red chilly
- All purpose flour - 3 tsp
- Corn starch - 4 tsp
- Coriander chopped 1 handful
- Curry leaves chopped 2 sprig
- Oil for deep fry
- Put cauliflower florets in hot water for 1 min in order to remove all the insects from it.
- In a bowl add ginger - garlic paste,garam masala,chopped coriander,chopped curry leaves,red chilly paste or Kashmiri chilli powder,pepper powder,all purpose flour(maida) and corn starch + required salt to taste.
- Make a thick batter by water lit by lit and make a thick consistency..Don't make it too thin.It should well coated with florets.
- Deep fry the spicy coated florest in oil twice for extra crunchiness.
- Fry some curry leaves too for extra flavor.
Serve this hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney..Also can be served along with veg fried rice.