Last day my husband told he needs parippu vada for evening tea..(I'm not a good wife in that sense,i usually don't cook if my husband said anything he needs to eat..i simply give some excuses always.(will make later).but yesterday i made parippu vadas as evening snack and he liked it and said its so fresh right from the kitchen not like parippu vadas in the glass cabinets of canteens.I'm so impressed and i said i will make more vadas in the coming days...Ok...stop..let me come to our vadas...parippu vadas.
Total Preparation Time : 1 hr 30 min
Serves : 10 vadas
- Lentil/Dal/Parippu - 1/2 cup
- Shallots chopped - 2-3
- Green chillies chopped - 2
- Ginger chopped - 1 Tb sp
- Salt - to taste
- Hing - a pinch
- Curry leaves - a few
- Oil - for deep frying
- Soak lentils/dal in a bowl for 1 hour.Wash and Clean twice with water and discard the water completely.
- Grind this washed lentil + chopped shallots + green chillies + ginger + curry leaves once or twice.Remember just grind. dont make a paste..(simply ചതച്ചെടുക്കുക).
- Add a pinch of hing and salt to taste.
- Apply some water into the palms,take round balls and make small patties with your palms.
- Deep fry in oil until both sides became brown.You can see in pic,inside is cooked as well.
- Serve hot with tea
- Make sure,while grinding don't add water.If the moisture is more add 1 tb sp of Chana dal(besan) powder and make patties.
- If the water content is more,while frying it drinks more oil.
- Can use moong dal or toor dal..But mostly toor dal is used for making parippu vadas and don't grind the dal fully..