Pineapple pie Recipe/Pineapple upside down cake Recipe
Pine apple upside down, eggless cake or Pine apple Pie Recipe
Its an eggless cake with fresh pine apples.We can also call it as Pine apple pie
Things you need
- 1 canned pine apple or fresh(I have used fresh one)
- 10-12 cherries
For Caramel sauce
- Brown sugar - 3/4 cup
- Unsalted butter - 4 Tb sp
For Cake batter
- Unsalted butter - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt - 2 Tb sp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 Tsp
- Pine apple juice - 2 Tb sp
7.All purpose flour/maida - 1.5 cup
8.Baking powder - 1 Tsp
9.Baking Soda - 1/4 Tsp
10.Salt - a pinch
- Grease the baking dish with butter and dust with lit bit of flour
- Add brown sugar and butter to a sauce pan and turn on the flame to medium. stir continuously until the butter melts completely.When it starts bubbling,switch off heat and transfer the caramel sauce to the prepared cake dish and spread it evenly(Below pic)
- Arrange the pine apple pieces(rings)above the caramel sauce and place some cherries in between the pits and gaps.
Note[you can do it previously before starting the whole steps]If you have a pine apple cutter it will be more easy to make those rings..since i don't have it i manually cut it].
- Pre heat the oven to 350 deg F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl,add butter and sugar and beat lightly for 5 min until it mixes nicely.
- Add yogurt,vanilla extract and pine apple juice one at a time and beat well.
- Now comes the folding stage(Add 1/2 cup well mixed flour +1/4 cup milk then again 1/2 cup flour + 1/4 cup milk and finally 1/2 cup flour).Mix only Gently using a wooden / plastic spatula/spoon and form a batter consistency.(below pic shows ribbon[correct] like consistency of the batter)
- Pour the cake batter over prepared cake dish and spread evenly throughout the surface.Slightly tilt the dish to the sides in order to the even spreading and to avoid air gaps.
- Place it in pre heated oven for 45 - 60 min or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely to room temp.Take a serving dish/plate bigger than the cake dish and place it over the cake tin placing inwards.
- Now holding the cake tin and plate together and flip it over.
- Tap the edges if needed and pull out the cake tin.
- Delicious Yummy treat is ready to be served.
- Enjoy with your family and friends
- Cut and Serve the piece with pine apple rings
- Reduce the fat content by using reduced fat butter and 2% milk.
- Use fresh ripe pine apple and cut it like rings.Remove all those black things using scissors.