Oats Idli Recipe
As we all know Oats is very healthy and it is very good to take as break fast. Now a days for my one yr old son i'm trying different healthy break fast recipes.I got this Idli recipe recently n it came out perfectly for me.I'm sharing you the recipe of Oats Idli here.
Things you need
- Oats powder - 1 cup
- Rava - 1/2 cup
- Baking soda - 1/2 Tsp
- Hing- 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to grease idli plate
- Carrot - 1 small grated
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tsp
- Mustard - 2 Tsp
- Green chilli - 1
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup or as needed
- Roast Oats and Rava separately in a pan and allow to cool it.Grind it to make a fine powder.
- Add baking soda,hing,salt and make a good batter with curd and water.Don't add too much water.Make a thick batter.
- If you like,use carrot,coriander leaves and green chillies with mustard seeds as tempering for the batter.(Its an optional step).
- Keep aside the batter for 10 min and mean while prepare chutney for Idli.
- Prepare Idli plates(grease it with oil) and keep the idli maker with water for boiling.Add the batter to the pit of the plate.When the water starts boiling,place the Idli plate and steam it for 10 mins
- When it is done,take out the plate and keep aside for cooling.
- You will get spongy Oats Idli.Serve it with chutney or sambhar.I have made tomato chutney to serve with Oats Idli.
Have a healthy diet
- I didn't use green chilli,since i have to give this for my toddler.
- Also tempering is purely optional.
- Can use any type of Oats.I have used Quaker whole grain oats.