Christmas Sugar cookies
Merry Christmas dear foodie buddies...
Yes,we are in the joyful days of the year,Christmas is very special for all of us and for Us its the time for our lit ones's birthday,Dec 20.From this yr onwards it will make more colour n happiness for our Christmas celebrations.This time for our cuties first birthday party,i have prepared this sugar cookies for the guests and family as apetizer/snacks..aahh i'm not bluffing,every one likes it and when i said its purely home made,they took two more cookies..Ok so hope all are done with your plum cake for christmas...i have to prepare my fruit rich plum cake this week itself..so here comes the recipe for my sweet sugar cookies...
Ingredients you need
- All purpose flour/maida - 1 cup
- Unsalted butter,softened -1/2 cup
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixture,Beat at medium speed,scraping bowl often,until creamy.
- Add egg,continue beating until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg-sugar- butter mixture.Fold it nicely using a spatula or clean,dry wooden spoon until it forms a semi solid state.Make into the form of dough and cover it with a klin film and refrigerate for 1 hour if possible.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 deg C
- Cut out desired shapes like (star,joy stick,snow man ginger bread,x'mas tree etc etc) from the dough(make dough into sheets using a roller) using cookie cutter
- Place 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheets or place it in a wax paper in baking dish.
- Add sugar- coloured springles as decoration/colour/garnish
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or edges are very lightly browned.
- Keep it in a cooling rack and serve it.
- Add flour while rolling sheets from the refrigerated dough else,it will stick out.Or add more flour and make desired consistency if its too soft for rolling.
- Instead of using electric mixture you can use egg whisk for beating.
- You can keep this cookies in a closed container for 1-2 weeks.
- Also you can add chopped nuts(cashew,almonds,pista,walnuts)into the dough or just above the cookie before baking for crunchy cookies.
- Enjoy this christmas cookies with your friends n family.Also you can give it as Christmas gifts for neighbours.
- I'm sure your kids will definitely love this cookie.