Pork Vindaloo Recipe
Pork Vindaloo Recipe
Happy New Year foodies
Here comes my first post of the year 2015.Pork Vindaloo is a Kerala Christian specialty recipe in Fort Kochi area originally from Goa.It comes from the Anglo Indian families to Kerala kitchen It's a spicy dish with vinegar and red chillies which tastes better as it sits like fish curry. ‘Pork Vindaloo’ can be served with rice, pulao, appam, chappathi, parathas or bread and kappa(tapioca)
- Pork - 1 Kg
- Fennel - 1/2 Tsp
- Cinnamon sticks - 1
- Clove - 5
- Cardamom - 3
- Mustard - 1/2 Tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(uluva)-1 pinch
- Chopped ginger - 2Tsp
- Chopped Garlic - 2 Tsp
- Vinegar - 2 Tb sp
- Onion - 2 medium or 1 big
- Tomato - 1
- Chilli powder - 2 Tb sp
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 Tb sp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Chopped cilantro - 1/2 Tsp
- Clean and cut pork into medium size pieces.
- Grind ingredients 2- 7 in a mixxie with vinegar.Make a smooth paste out of it.Marinate cleaned pork with this masala paste and keep aside or in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, add some oil saute ginger - garlic paste or chopped ginger and garlic,then onion and tomato puree fry this until oil separates.
- Simmer the flame add masala powders in the list and fry lightly until the raw smell goes by continuous stirring.Then finally add the marinated pork pieces.Mix it well and add 1 cup of water.
- Cook marinated pork in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles,if its an young pork and 1-4 whistle for old meat.
- Once it is cool,open the lid and simmer for 5 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and your delicious Pork Vindaloo is ready and serve warm with any rice,parathas,naan,bread or kappa.
- If you want,you can add more cilantro leaves.
- Instead of tomato,use sauce or ketch up
- Avoid cooker if possible and cook in normal heavy bottom pan for more taste.It will takes 45 minutes.But tastes good..I didn't use cooker this time and it tastes better after sitting for 6 hours.
- You can add potato pieces too along with pork for pressure cooking.It gives a thick gravy....in that sense you can define this curry pork with aloo...
- In this recipe,i didnt use Kashimiri red chilli,since i don't have it.If you use that, you will get red colour gravy.
Prepare this for your family.
Serves for 6
Preparation Time - 1 hour