Pal payasam is the most sweetest dessert for any sadhya and you might have heard about Ambalapuzha Palpayasam which is too sweet and pink in colour.Here im preparing payasam in pressure cooker which is quite easy instead of contionuous stirring for all payasams and it looks like more easy and comfortable method.
1.Payasam rice- 1/4 cup(any brand,I have used double horse)
2.Whole milk - 4 cups(1 L)
3.Water - 1 cup
4.Sugar - 1 cup
5.Ghee - 1 Tsp(optional)
6.Cashews - 10 nos
7.Raisins - 10 nos
8.Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Soak the rice for 20 minutes.Wash, clean and drain excess water from rice.
- In a pressure cooker(use bigger one),add all ingredients except ghee,cashews and raisins.Stir and mix it.
- Pressure cook this for 1 whistle in high flame.After 1 whistle reduce the flame to low and cook for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes,switch off the flame and when the pressure goes completely,open the lid and you can see light pink thick payasam.
- Add fried cashews and raisins to the payasam mix.This is purely optional.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder and stir it.
- Delicious Pal payasam is ready to be serve