Tomato Rice recipe #Tomato Pulao recipe
Its an alternative for normal rice and used as lunch box dish for kids and adults as well.
- Basmati rice or white rice(Sona massori) - 2 cups
- Onion - 1 medium chopped
- Tomato - 2 sliced
- Turmeric - 1/4 Tsp
- Chilli powder - 1.5 Tsp
- Mint/Coriander leaves - 2 sprigs
- Garam masala - 1 Tsp
- Mustard seeds or cumin seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt and Oil as needed
- Whole spices(cardamom - 3,clove - 4 and cinnamon -1)optional
- Cook rice in normal method with 4 cups and spices and salt.Don't over cook.Add lime juice to prevent sticking of the rice.
- In another pan,add oil and when it gets hot add chopped onion,followed by tomato and then all masala.
- Make a good gravy out of this and add mint and coriander chopped leaves.
- Add cooked rice part by part and mix gently with the tomato onion gravy and cook for 2- 3 minutes in low flame.
- You can either add scrambled egg or serve with hard boiled eggs and raita
- Reduce the hot taste as per your family and can be avoided for kids..