Mango frozen yogurt recipe
Author: Riya Tiju
Recipe type: Dessert, Gluten-Free
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large very ripe mango, peeled and cubed (2 cups cubed)
- 1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt or home made yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the mango cubes in your food blender bowl and process until completely smooth, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the yogurt, honey and vanilla and process until mixed fully, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Process for few seconds until light and fluffy.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a freezer safe dish. Cover with cling wrap and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, stir already frozen yogurt using rubber spatula and transfer it to the blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Cover again, and place in the freezer for 2 more hours, repeating the process of stirring the yogurt every 30 minutes.
- Serve as a soft yogurt (use chilled bowls), or freeze 1-2 more hours for a good consistency, then you can scoop out with an ice cream scoop.
Hope you like this low calorie recipe compared to mango ice cream