Gooseberry pickle recipe#Amla pickle#Nellika achar recipe
Amla/Nellika/Goose berry is rich in anti oxidants and have a immense medicinal values.It increases haemoglobin levels,boost immunity,aids digestion and cures acidity.This is why elders are saying you should include Nellika in your diet.You can have it directly or as a chutney with coconut or as a pickle or simply as juice.
1.Gooseberry - 15 nos.
2.Red Chilli powder - 1 Tb sp
3.Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
4.Asafoetida - 1 pinch
5.Fenugreek powder(roasted and powdered)- 1 pinch
6.Vinegar - 1 Tb sp
6.Salt - to tatse
7.Oil- 2 Tbsp
8.Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Wash gooseberry and soak in salt water for 15 minutes.
- Clean and discard water and add fresh water (1/2 cup).Boil goose berries until it becomes soft for 15 minutes.Cut boiled Amla into small pieces and discard seeds.
- To a hot pan add oil and then mustard.When it splutters add curry leaves and all masala powders and saute it in low flame.
- When the oil becomes clear,add cut Amla pieces and stir it with masala powder and add 1 cup of water and 1 Tb sp white vinegar.
- Cook this uncovered until boil.Keep the flame in low for 2 minutes and boil.
- Switch off the flame and keep this aside.
- After cooling,transfer this to an air tight jar.
- Serve with rice,parathas and even simply as such.
- You can use any pickle powder instead of using powders one by one
- When it cools,Store in air tight container.
- Use as needed with dry spoon.