Hummus recipe#Basic hummus recipe
Hummus is a famous Mediterranean dip usually accompanied with pita chips or pita bread.Basic hummus is chick pea paste mixed with other taste enhancers like lemon juice,salt and pepper,olive oil and the main one is Tahini(which is simply the paste of sesame seeds).We can make different versions of hummus by adding bell peppers or cilantro etc etc along with chick peas.This is my first post for a Mediterranean recipe..I will try to experiment more on it.
- Cooked Chick peas drained (serve water for making puree)- 1 cup
- Tahini (or sesame seeds) - 1/4 cup
- Extra Virgin olive oil - 2 Tb sp + extra for garnish
- Lemon juice(fresh) -juice of 1/2 of a lemon(add according to your taste.)
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- peeled garlic - 1 small
- Powdered cumin or paprika - few for taste and sprinkle
- Fresh parsely or mint leaves for garnish
- Soak Chick peas over night and pressure cook it fro 3 whistles it on next morning.
- Or simply you can use store bought cooked ones.
- Blend all ingredients together except Leaves and make a smooth puree and garnish with olive oil,paprika and mint leaves.
- Serve with your favorite chips and a cup of coffee.
- Add cooked chick peas water while blending.Don't add too much water,make it thick.
- You can freeze cooked chick peas for upto 2 weeks in freezer and can make this hummus when you wish.
- I have used sesame seeds instead of Tahini.
- Add lemon juice lightly,don't add too much,it gives more sour taste.
- if you don't like raw garlic flavor,simply avoid it.
- Garnish with olive oil,black pepper or chilli powder or paprika and mint or parsley leaves.
Enjoy your evenings
Have a nice day