Schezwan fried rice with grilled chicken recipe#Schezwan fried rice recipe
Schezwan fried rice is another type of Chinese delight which can be easily prepared at home with spicy Schezwan sauce.Its a mixture of hot red chilli,garlic and vinegar.You can either use the store bought one or home made.I'll share the recipe of home made Schezwan sauce later.So here is the method of preparation and ingredients.
Ingredients needed for Fried rice
1.Basmati rice - 2 cups
2.Water - 4 cups
3.Salt- to taste
4.Aromatic spice list
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon - 2 sticks
Bay leaves - 2
Pepper Corns - 10
Note: If you want more aroma,you can increase spices quantity
5. Ghee/Oil - 1 Tb sp
6.Con.Lemon juice - 1-2 Tsp
7.Soya sauce - 1-2 Tb sp
8.Cilantro and Mint - cut into small pieces for garnish and flavor
9.Cashews and Raisins - 1/4 cup
Preparation method of Fried Rice
1.Soak the required rice for 30 minutes.
2.Wash and clean the rice and keep it in a colander.
3.Keep a large heavy bottom pan in flame with reduced flame.Add 2-3 Tb sp of Ghee when the pan becomes hot.First,add all the spices in the ingredient list to the pan.Then add rice to the spices and saute it well.By this time the rice becomes crispy and get a glazing look.Remember don't burn the rice with high flame.Always use low flame while sauting. After 2-3 minutes add the measured quantity of water to the rice.Add salt to taste and cover it for cooking.
4.If you are not familiar or a beginner don't try to attempt the 3rd step.You won't success..
5 :-)IT happens for me even..That"s my mother's method.But don't worry we have another easy way of cooking.
6.Take a large heavy bottom pan and keep it in a medium flame.Add the required quantity of water with all spices in the list.If you crush the spices slightly it gives more taste and aroma to the rice.
7.Add 1 Tb sp of oil,1-2 ts sp of Con lemon juice(Squeeze half lemon) and the most important thing SALT -( to taste) to the water.
- Taste some water and if its salty,the salt level of rice will be ok. Remember don't add too much salt.
- Oil and lime juice helps to avoid the thickening of rice.
- Don't cook the rice over time,it will turn into pongal.
7.So when the water starts boiling,add the cleaned rice and cover it for cooking.When the lid starts dancing with bubbles stop the flame and allow the rice to cook.Within 10 minutes rice will be ready.
Note:If the rice cooks correctly,rice grains should look like a boat shape or as a curve.That is the correct consistency for Basmati rice for making fried rice,biriyani or pulav
8.Preparation of Grilled Chicken Masala
You can grill the chicken according to my recipe for grilled chicken in electric grill
- Saute ginger - garlic paste(1 Tsp) in oil and add chopped onion and when it becomes translucent add, chopped tomatoes.
- Saute it nicely and add 1 Tb sp chicken masala,saute until oil separates.
- Add coarsely chopped Grilled chicken pieces and coat gently with the masala.Add 1/2 cup water if you need gravy.
- When it boils,cook for 1 min and switch off the flame.
- Take a large heavy bottom pan and keep it in medium flame.Add 1-2 Tb sp of Ghee or butter.If you are health conscious,you can avoid this ghee or butter.It only gives extra taste.
- Add 1-2 Tb sps of Schezwan sauce to the hot pan and half portion of the grilled chicken gravy and cooked rice and fry it by sauting gently. REMEMBER don't saute too much,that will break the rice.
- Add the remaining chicken and cooked rice in the same way.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with scallions and cilantro.
- Serve warm with Tomato onion Raita,pappad and any pickle of your choice.
- If you want Schezwan egg fried rice,you can simply add 3 scrambled eggs to the fried rice mixture.
- You can add cooked vegetables of your choice and simply cooked chicken pieces instead of grilling.
- Also add spicy Schezwan sauce according to your taste.