Strawberry Rich Falooda
Falooda is an Indian dessert dish prepared with chilled ice cream,milk and few other items.It can be made easily at home at any time with any type of fruit flavors. Here i have strawberry flavor with pistachios,almonds,dried berries and raisins.Its a refreshing drink in summer with freshly available seasonal fruits.Today i have made this to surprise my husband as part of Valentine week.one more funny thing about falooda is when i was pregnant,one fine morning,i had a dream about falooda and i asked my husband a falooda(my one and only cravings at that time).seriously i didn't had a falooda before,but i dreamed about falooda....so funny..I have made this falooda using a ready kit available in grocery shops.I simply followed the instructions in the packet.But it can be prepared at home with mini ingredients.
Things you need
- Basil seeds - 2 Tb sp
- Semiya - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Pistachio - 5-7
- Almonds - 5-7
- Raisins - 5-7
- Dried berries - 5-7
- Vanilla or Strawberry Ice cream - 2 Scoops
- Strawberry Jam - 4 Tb sp
- Strawberry juice cubes - 6
- Strawberry fresh fruits - 2 slices n few for garnish
- Pink Colour- a pinch
- Soak basil seeds for 30 min.
- Make strawberry juice and keep it in ice racks for forming juice cubes.It looks nice for the dessert.
- Boil milk with Semiya and sugar.Stir continuously until boil and the semiya cooks..When it boils,check whether the semiya is cooked or not.Add lit colour(a pinch)Switch off the flame,if it cooks.
- When it cools down,refrigerate the milk with semiya.
- Get ready pistachios,almonds,berries n fruits.
- When everything is ready,arrange it in a good looking glass n garnish.
- Add jam at the bottom n slowly add the cooled milk with semiya.add soaked basil seeds,strawberry juice cubes,followed by nuts,berries n raisins.
- Finally add 2 scoops of Ice creams n garnish with nuts n fresh strawberries.
- Serve immediately before the ice cream melts.(In my photo, Ice cream melts very fast)
- You can also add crushed ice to the dessert
- Or Set the cooled mik in freezer for 30 minutes before serving.So you can make a thick consistency for the dessert and your Ice cream won't melts easily.
- I made it in a hurry burry situation before my husband comes for lunch and i didnt freeze the milk.That's why my ice cream melt fast.
- Instead of adding colour,you can add strawberry juice to the cooled milk for colour.
Its a good refreshing dessert which can be have at any time during summer.In Kerala ,summer starts even though here in US,all are burried under snow esply my North eastern friends(Dover,NH).