Pidi with Chicken curry
Pidi(Rice balls) is a typical Syrian Christian recipe used to prepare for functions like wedding eves and death anniversary among we christians. Pidi is round small balls made using rice powder and coconut milk.Its very delicious in combination with chicken curry suitable for dinner and break fast recipe
Things you need
- Rice powder(not fried)- 1 kg
- Coconut milk -1 L
- Cumin paste - 2 Ts sp
- Salt - to taste
- Boiled Water - as needed
Pidi in thick rice n coconut gravy
- Mix rice powder with boiled water like we do for idiappam and make a dough. keep aside for 30 min
- Make small lemon sized balls out of the dough.
- Boil coconut milk in a pan add these small rice balls with enough cumin
- Allow to boil this coconut milk,by that time rice balls(pidi) will be cooked.
- When the coconut milk becomes thick,reduce the flame into low and cook for 10 minutes more.By that time our pidi balls will be ready.
- Serve warm with chicken curry
For chicken curry recipe,
Check out my varutharacha chicken curry recipe.here is the link
Enjoy your weekend